Community marketing: a new hype or real stuff? And how do I start?
Community Marketing is nothing more than the modern version of word of mouth marketing, and we all know this works the best. How does it work today, how can I find the right community for my products, how do I start the conversation, do I need to set up a separate community around my brand? Etc.
- Around every subject there are communities
- You don’t necessary need to build up your own one
- Nobody likes an empty restaurant: search for the influencers in your community
- Give your community an intrinsic reason to be a proud ambassador
- Listen and talk with members of your community
About Isabelle & Teresa
Isabelle Finet & Teresa Bosteels started Fibre Mood in June 2018, an international sewing and knitting magazine annex communityplatform.
One year later we welcome 25.000 sewistas in the Fibre Mood community, 17.000 Instagram followers and subscribers from 22 countries.
Before Fibre Mood Isabelle launched the sewing magazine ‘La Maison Victor’ in 2013. An instant success, but unfortunately without the possibility to build a community linked to the brand. In fact, the community organized itself without us.
Lessons learned: there is always a community: or you just let it happen; and you benefit little, or you organize yourself around the community and let them be real ambassadors for your brand.