Content Marketing: The Basis of – dramatic pause – Everything!
All too often the content of a webshop is limited to a homepage (containing products), category pages (containing products), product pages (containing products), … well, you see where I’m going here: there’s more to life than only describing products. We’ll talk about TOFU, MOFU and BOFU. And about creating an online shopping experience that is compatible with the real deal: visiting an actual store.
5 key learnings:
- Think consumer needs: what do my customer groups want to read?
- Think long term: create a content marketing plan first, don’t just start writing.
- Think multimedia: an image or a video sometimes works better.
- Think SEO: use some tools to help you, but don’t let them control you.
- Think storytelling: don’t just start selling, entice the customer first.